Year 3 Tag Rugby Lesson 2
- Perform a range of ball handling skills.
- Find ways of managing sending and receiving (experiment).
- Practice techniques for retrieving, sending and receiving.
Skill Development: Handling a rugby ball.
Year 3 Tag Rugby Lesson 5
- When defending get close to the ball carrier.
- Work together as defenders.
- Explain what is meant by closing down space.
Skill Development: Closing down the attacker.
Year 4 Tag Rugby Lesson 3
- Keep possession of the ball in small groups unchallenged
- Keep possession of the ball and progress up the pitch consistently
Skill Development: Keeping possession
Activity: Games Columns 4v3, 5v4….4v4 5v5
Year 5 Tag Rugby Lesson 2
- Running and passing accurately and consistently
- Identifying when to run into space and when to pass into space
- Work as a team to score trys
Skill Development: Running and passing accurately
Activity: 5v3 moving into 5v4 game
Year 6 Tag Rugby Lesson 5
- Communicating effectively when transitioning from attack to defence
- Use agility and speed to help defend
Skill Development: Transition from attack to defence
Activity: Turnover game